This is a work in progress from The Pipeline. It will likely change before it is published to the main listing of articles. It is currently at the "backlog" stage.
- Request specs are good (compare with https://www.codewithjason.com/use-controller-request-specs-rails-dont/)
- how to know what kind of test to write
- Three approaches to immutability: deep freeze, shallow freeze, no setters
- “service object” is a really hazy term (that I don’t use any more)
- discovery testing for people who have trouble with classical TDD
- code examples translated into functional style
- The “single” in SRP isn’t very singular
- The various messy meanings of the word “model”
- Convention over configuration is just implicit configuration.
- Testing the middle (not system tests, not unit tests)
- Context-style RSpec (zverok style)
- Example of using
Enumerable(replacing chunks of code with enumerable methods)
- Story: finding and fixing a bug in
- Writing in public: showing backlog and work-in-progress writing