Yesterday I was a guest on Viking Codecast, where we talked about Ruby as a “sharp knife,” and a beginner/intermediate overview of TDD.
Check out the recording, and the links to some of my favourite TDD-related articles and presentations.
- Transcript of the video on the Viking Code School Blog
- My favorite way to TDD – Justin Searls
- The Failures of “Intro to TDD” – Justin Searls
- Mock objects in Discovery Tests – Justin Searls
- Agile is Dead – Dave Thomas. (Skip to 17:20 where he talks about the culture of testing in Ruby.)
- Bikeshed! Live! at RubyConf 2015. (We didn’t cover this in the Codecast, but I intended this as an example of highly experienced developers having difficulties with TDD.)
- TDD is dead. Long live testing. – David Heinemeier Hansson
- TDD, Straw Men, and Rhetoric – Gary Bernhardt